Aromatherapy Foundational Concepts: Check it out if you are
- New to using essential oils
- Want to know ways to use essential oils practically
- If you are totally new to essential oils and are curious about what they do and how you can use them, this course is for you. If you have already been using essential oils and have some questions about them, this course is for you too.This course covers important essential oil safety issues, profiles of 12 versatile essential oils, blending guidelines and recipes.Practical assignments help you gain experience in using essential oils for you and your family. Most of all, this course helps you customize your options and make the best solutions that fit you as an individual. Printable resources and video instructions will guide you through the course as you learn valuable information.
What are the requirements?
- You should have access to specific essential oils listed in the course outline
- No previous experience necessary
- Recommended textbook: Quick Start to using Essential Oils
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn how to select appropriate, quality oils to accomplish your set goals
- Formulate custom blends and recipes
- Understand important essential oil safety
- Become familiar with 12 versatile essential oil profiles
- Make a custom room spray
- Make a custom bath or shower blend
- Make a custom massage oil blend
- Make a custom diffuser blend
- Understand steps to successful blending
- Learn how essential oils are part of a botanical classification system
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner essential oil user
- One who has already been using essential oils and wants to know more
Course outline: 8 Modules, 27 lectures -1.5 hours instruction- downloadable resources, quizzes, assignments
Are you new to essential oils? Do you love essential oils? Do you have an hour to get started? Then let’s do it!
Essential oils can be part of YOUR health lifestyle.
If you are totally new to essential oils and are curious about what they do and how you can use them, this course is for you. If you have already been using essential oils and have some questions about them, this course is for you too.
This course covers important essential oil safety issues including using essential oils during pregnancy, using oils during cancer treatments, and how to use essential oils safely.
A free 24 page workbook is provided with this course. Be sure to follow the instructions to get the workbook. It provides all the charts and worksheets and recipes into 1 location, and there are BONUS options for those students that complete 100% of the course.
Recommended textbook for this course: Quick Start to using Essential Oils by Deanna Russell
This course is straightforward with an emphasis on practical application and is brand neutral. This course takes a conservative approach and does not cover chakra healing.
Important introductory chapters include defining aromatherapy terms, and how to choose a quality essential oil.
The course covers profiles of 12 amazing, versatile essential oils:
- Roman chamomile
- Tea tree (Melaleuca)
- Ginger root
- Sweet orange
- Sweet marjoram
You will learn how to blend essential oils, learn safety considerations and guidelines, and essential oil recipes.
Practical assignments help you gain experience in using essential oils for you and your family. Most of all, this course helps you customize your options and make the best solutions that fit you as an individual.
This aromatherapy course provided me with a good foundation on how to use essential oils. I have been using essential oils for a few years now, mostly in a diffuser, but I appreciated the helpful tips and suggestions that this course provided. I would recommend this course to someone who is just starting out with essential oils, or to someone who would like to review some solid fundamental principles. I especially appreciate the fact that I can access this course for life, as this will be a good reference to consult in my journey with essential oils. I also plan to make good use of the downloadable resources, which will help me branch out and experiment. The quizzes make for fun review, and they are very user-friendly.
It is obvious that Deanna is extremely knowledgeable and well-trained. She has answered many questions in her career, and it shows. Her emphasis on safety is impressive, as it is clear she wants these oils to be used in beneficial ways, always. I hope she will create more of these online courses. 5 stars! Sheila S
Printable resources and video instructions are available for easy reference.