User guide to Nature Notes soaps
When my daughter and I started experimenting with making our own soap we had NO IDEA how much it would become in demand for people with sensitive skin! We started out by solving our own problem: genuine cold processed soap that was both cleansing and moisturizing, and gentle enough for our sensitive skin to bear. I guess there are many others who are also looking for the same things we are!
To make things both fun and interesting for us and our customers, we developed 2 soap lines:
- Classic soaps
- Spa Soap
Meet the Classics
Soap selections in this series are:
The main identifying feature of these soaps is that they are unscented.
Meet the Spa Soaps
The soap in this series are enhanced with essential oils. We never use fragrance oils!
All our soaps:
- are palm kernel free
- are superfatted for additional moisturizing properties
- are tested on people
- are made with high percentages of olive oil
- contain natural coloring agents only such as clays
- are made in small batches and hand cut
Most of our soaps are also vegan (except the calendula & honey bars) and gluten free. Complete ingredient listings are provided for each type of soap.
How to store your Nature Notes soap
Before use: It is best to store your soap in a container that breathes. Paper or cardboard or other natural fiber “containers” are ideal. Your soap needs to breathe – this means no plastic containers!
During use: Allow your soap to drain and dry out in between uses. (If it sits in its own water, it will break down more quickly and turn into a soupy, soapy mess.)
Did you know?
Cold processed soap needs several weeks to cure before using. The longer it cures, the harder the bar will become and the longer it will last. We always make sure that the soap made available to you for purchasing has cured at least 6 weeks. You might notice a “best after” date on the label. This is not a mistake! It is helpful for when people are looking for gift ideas.
How to purchase your Nature Notes soap
Are you ready to get some soap? Whether you want to try one for now, or get a bundle, you can order it right from here. If you want to get only one or two bars, just make your selection from adding each to your shopping cart.
For those who want to save and get a bundle of 4 for $20
Q. Can I mix and match my soap and get the bundle price?
A. Yes, absolutely. Here’s 2 ways to do it:
- Go to purchase the bundle. This automatically gives you the bundle pricing. During checkout, leave me a message as to what 4 bars you want. This is the simplest way to save.
- You can also select the bundle pricing on each individual soap product. This does not mean that you need to get 4 of that kind of soap. You do not have to get 4 of the same bar if you don’t want to. Go ahead and select the bundle pricing for any of the individual soaps to get the bundle pricing. During checkout, leave me a message as to which 4 bars you want.
During checkout you can:
Select local pickup
Local pickup is available for YYC customers and is currently a curbside service. After I email you that your order is ready for pickup, we arrange a day/time for pickup. At your arrival I place your order on a small table outside for you to get. This way we are able to meet the new social distancing guidelines.
or Select shipping
Nature Notes ships within Canada using Canada post. Shipping (and handling) is a flat rate of $16.50 available for Canadians. Orders are usually shipped out several times a week.
We want to thank all of our customers for your continued support of small local business. We appreciate you more than you can ever know!