How apricot kernel carrier oil can help your repair and soften your skin
Apricot kernel details
Science at work
There are some specific reasons why apricot kernel is a natural ingredient star. Mainly, the fatty acid composition of this oil. Let’s take a look.
Fatty acid composition:
7 reasons to love apricot kernel oil: Benefits
- Soothing to very dry skin
- Excellent emollient, nourishing to the skin
- Helps protect skin from moisture loss
- Soothing to eczema (and related itchiness) and damaged skin
- Has a softening action on the skin
- Easily absorbed by the skin, has excellent penetration abilities
- Helps the skin repair itself due to high levels of vitamin E
Applications: ways to incorporate using apricot kernel oil
- Facial massage
- Full body massage
I suggest blending it with other carrier oils to make it more affordable, but it definitely adds a luxurious, rich texture to your oil blend.
- Face serums & facial oils
- Apricot kernels in face scrubs
- Apricot kernels as a mechanical exfoliant agent in body scrubs, soap etc.
Did you know? Since apricot kernel oil has skin penetrating capabilities, it assists the efficacy of the other ingredients in your product. By using natural skin care products with apricot kernel, you are getting increased benefit from the other ingredients too.
Do you enjoy nerding out with me? Be sure to sign up for upcoming articles from the blog.
Want to learn more about carrier oils? Check out my course on Carrier Oils for Professionals
Find out more about ingredients for DRY SKIN here
Nature Notes products with apricot kernel oil
Nature Notes products are available and shipped within Canada. All courses are available worldwide.